McAfee Labs 2020 Threats Predictions
Key trends to watch in 2020 include:
- Less-skilled threat actors will have more access and broader capabilities to create and weaponize deepfake content
- Adversaries will use artificial intelligence to produce extremely realistic text, images, and videos capable of bypassing facial recognition technology
- More ransomware attacks will morph into two-stage extortion campaigns
- DevSecOps will rise to prominence as growth in containerized workloads causes security controls to "shift left"
- Application Programming Interfaces (API) will be exposed as the weakest link leading to cloud-native threats
Example of underground ad offering access to an Asian Food, Consumer and Industrial company